Discover Food At Heart cooking events
Take time out from your busy life to eat in a more mindful way
Explore & experiment with flavours to create delicious dishes
Reconnect with the pleasure of eating nourishing food
You reminded me to pay more attention to the experience I was having, through being mindful. It’s too easy to rush, and forget how much there is to enjoy from experiencing good food. The blind tasting and studying food were also really enjoyable.
When did you last take the time to truly taste? When you cook and eat are you moving between your phone, laptop and a million other distractions?
Food At Heart cooking and tasting events help you take time out to taste, explore flavours and create (and eat!) delicious and nourishing food. They are a social experience with a mix of fun and focus.
A Food At Heart event is your ultimate feel-good smoothie, blending the…
– calm of yoga
– craft of a cooking class
– delight of a double yolk egg
– anticipation of a science experiment
– fuzzy feeling of toasting marshmallows over a campfire
You’ll create tasty food, collaborating with fellow Food At Heart participants and using your intuition and creativity to add your own touches and flavours!
I loved the balance of hands on working together and making food as well as learning about mindfulness and meditation.
What happens at Food At Heart tasting & cooking events?
Each session is a little different depending on the season and theme, but you can always expect:
- Use all the senses to taste food with full focus and awareness.
- Some silent eating, plus eating in a way that highlights different senses (e.g. blindfolded tasting) and allows you to listen to your body.
- Play with interesting flavour combinations that sometimes surprise and often delight.
- There’s total freedom to explore how different flavours work together (with a bit of guidance if needed). Want to try chocolate with black olives? Go for it!
Creating Delicious Dishes to Share
- Each session has a theme with a set of ingredients and flavour options provided.
- You’ll design tasty dishes to eat and share using these ingredients; it’s a bit like a MasterChef invention test – but less judgy and lots of fun.
Health and wellbeing are important to the sessions, but this isn’t about good versus bad foods: it’s about balance and real food.
Ingredients are organic / sustainable and seasonal where possible.