- Mindful Taste of London: Breaking Bread
July 6, 2019
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Thanks for visiting this page! Apologies if you were interested in coming along to Mindful Taste of London, but we’ve had to postpone the July event. Keep your eyes peeled for a new date later in the year…
Slow down and reconnect in the city with this special seasonally-inspired walking, reflecting and tasting event. Experience a different type of retreat in the inspiring environment of London. Discover why you don’t need to leave the city to experience the calming effects of nature.
The Mindful Kitchen and Food At Heart have teamed up to bring you a series of mindful urban adventures.
Our first event focusses on the ritual of breaking bread and how this amazing food can connect us with our environment, each other and ourselves. It blends rituals around food, mindfulness and the true joy of eating together to help you see the “old” London in a new way. Bread can be the simplest of staple foods, but we’ll explore how your daily bread is anything but mundane.
Mindful Taste of London (previously Urban Connection Retreat) includes a guided walk around bread-centred reflection points in the City of London, a special sensory urban meditation and some simple group food making, before breaking bread and sharing a meal with some pretty amazing humans (and other animals from time to time!).
Learn how to boost your mental wellbeing through reflecting on the everyday moments that surround us in urban ‘nature’ AND how to transform this into habits that make the world a more regenerative place. Discover how acts of eating can be a way to nourish you with comfort, resilience, curiosity, and knowledge.
What can you expect?
– A reflective guided walk around points in the City of London (starting at Monument Station) which we’ve chosen to bring to life the fascinating history of bread and how it is fundamental to the growth as humans, as well as how it connects us with our nature as a part of nature
– Special bread-related tastings along the way
– A short guided urban meditation to help you connect with your senses in the city which you can replicate whenever you need a dose of slow down and a boost of resilience
– You’ll also get hands on with some preparation of a simple, seasonal lunch which we’ll share together, incorporating principles of mindful eating and nature relatedness
– A few surprise mouthfuls and activities thrown in along the way to help you look at your surroundings and yourself in a new light
The Retreat includes a light lunch which we’ll share together and a thoughtful goody bag to take away. We’ll also provide you with a lovely notebook and pencil to use in the session (and afterwards).
“Eating with the fullest pleasure – pleasure, that is, that does not depend on ignorance- is perhaps the profoundest enactment of our connection with the world. In this pleasure we experience and celebrate our dependence and our gratitude, for we are living from mystery, from creatures we did not make and powers we cannot comprehend.” The Pleasures of Eating – Wendell Berry
Venue: Monument Underground Station