- The Joy Of Salad
June 25, 2017
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
|Salad Lover's Ticketshow details +||£45.00 (GBP)||Sold Out|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: May 6, 2017 10:10 am
Sales End: June 25, 2017 6:00 am
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
What happens when you press pause on your busy life and take a little time to taste in the moment? This is what you’ll discover at a Food At Heart workshop.
The Joy Of Salad celebrates delicious seasonal vegetables, and the exciting and tasty ways you can use them to make nourishing dishes.
Want to know what happens during The Joy Of Salad?
You’ll take part in reflective tasting and have the chance to experiment with summer flavours and textures. This includes a creating refreshing chilled soup which we’ll design together and enjoy as a starter dish.
You’ll then join forces with fellow participants to ‘invent’ delicious meat-free dishes using seasonal ingredients. It’s a little like MasterChef’s Invention Test – but no judging, just tasting!
We’ll begin with a set of key ingredients and a starter recipe, with your choice of lots of seasonings and flavourings to add. You’ll also have the chance to decorate your salads with edible flowers and seasonal salad leaves. You can let your food and flavour imagination run wild!
The Joy Of Salad finishes with a shared meal of the flavour-filled dishes you’ve created.
Your feelgood flavour adventure includes:
– Guided tasting meditation of seasonal ingredients, using all your senses
– Flavour exploration with a range of tasty ingredients (vegetables, herbs, spices, nuts, dried fruits and more…)
– A few minutes of silent tasting to finish the class
On the menu in June is:
– Cheery Chilled Courgette Soup: a refreshing combination of courgette and mint to lighten your palate and lift your summer spirits
– Beautiful Broad Bean Salad: how will your dress your beans? One of the most delicious in-season ingredients makes the base for this beautiful, citrussy salad.
– Quirky Quinoa Salad: proving that salad can also have body, we’ll use British-grown organic quinoa to make a more substantial, vegetable and pulse-filled salad
Come prepared to crunch, sip and savour.
Ingredients are organic and seasonal where possible. Please let me know if you have any dietary requirements.
Food At Heart events help you explore eating in a more connected, mindful and a delicious way.
Class sizes are kept small, with a maximum of 8 people, so everyone has the chance to get involved.
Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred to another person if you can’t make it.
Venue: Bonhill Street