- The Joy Of Brunch
August 26, 2017
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
What happens when you press pause on your busy life and take a little time to taste in the moment? This is what you’ll discover during The Joy Of Brunch.
Start the August Bank Holiday the right way with a selection of delicious and nourishing brunch dishes – which you’ll help to create! We’ll mix sweet and savoury, soothing and invigorating for this tasty morning treat.
The brunch workshop kicks off with a little reflective tasting to set the mood, before leaping into experiments with interesting and unusual flavour and texture combinations.
You’ll then join forces with fellow participants to ‘invent’ delicious dishes using seasonal ingredients. It’s a little like MasterChef’s Invention Test – but no judging, just tasting!
We’ll begin with a set of key ingredients and a starter recipe, with your choice of lots of seasonings and flavourings to add. You can then create your own bespoke dishes incorporating some of the flavours you explored earlier. You can let your food and flavour imagination run wild!
The Joy Of Brunch finishes with a shared meal of the flavour-filled dishes you’ve created (plus a few other surprise treats thrown in).
Your feelgood flavour adventure includes:
– Guided tasting meditation of seasonal ingredients, using all your senses
– Flavour exploration with a range of tasty brunch ingredients (which could include vegetables, herbs, spices, nuts, dried fruits and more…)
– A few minutes of silent tasting to finish the class
On the brunch menu in is:
– Super Powered Smoothie: we’ll create an uplifting mix of seasonal goodness with some surprising ingredients, using vegetables and fruit to create a delicious smoothie shot
– Make Your Own Muesli Mix with Creamy Sheep’s Milk Yoghurt: take the basic recipe starting with organic toasted oats and seeds, and then mix it up to suit your style. You can then choose from lots of extra toppings to take your muesli styling to the next level (I’ll share some of my own personal favourite combinations to get you on your way!)
– Seaweed Scrambled Eggs with Herby/Spicy Butter Rye: creamy, just-cooked scrambled eggs are the perfect Saturday comfort food, especially when paired with your own personal blend of flavoured butter on rye toast
Plus a selection of a few other surprise brunch bites and nibbles…
Come prepared to crunch, sip and savour.
Ingredients are organic and seasonal where possible. Please let me know if you have any dietary requirements.
Food At Heart events help you explore eating in a more connected, mindful and a delicious way.
Class sizes are kept small, with a maximum of 8 people, so everyone has the chance to get involved.
Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred to another person if you can’t make it.
Venue: Bonhill Street