- Slow Chocolate Evening
March 14, 2018
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
In a busy world, this is an evening dedicated to slow: slow tasting, slow eating and slow chocolate.
Take some time out to breathe, taste and get connected during this gentle session. We’ll taste our way through some different types of dark chocolate, using all the senses. Chocolate is a beautiful ingredient full of aromas and is the perfect ingredient through which to experience the joy of slowing down.
I’m on a mission to help people bring a little calm to their bellies. After many years of suffering from digestive issues, slower living and slower eating has been a key part of the way I manage my symptoms. That and a healthy dose of good chocolate!
The evening combines a little focus and lots of fun, along with general chococolate chilled-out-ness. It’s perfect for chocolate lovers and anyone who just feels the need to slow down a little.
What can you expect?
– A short introduction on taste – and chocolate
– Learn to taste chocolate like the professionals, mindfully and using all the senses; we’ll try at least 5 different cocoa percentages from a selection of country origins so that you can truly taste the difference
– A little background on the fascinating slow history of chocolate, and why it’s such a beautiful and uplifting ingredient
– Experience how the taste of chocolate changes with a few interesting flavour additions and learn how to recognise these on your own; there will be a few surprise chocolatey mouthfuls along the way
– To bring the reflective tasting to a close, we’ll finish with a few minutes of gentle breathing meditation
– Following the launch of my Slow Chocolate Kit, you’ll receive a mini-Slow Chocolate Kit to take away and taste (mindfully!) using some of the techniques we’ll explore in the workshop
There will be plenty of time for discussion and questions if there’s anything you’d like to know more about.
The chocolate we’ll taste is from beautiful British bean-to-bar brand, Pump St Chocolate, which is what I use for my own chocolate making.
Please note that when you sign up this event I will add you to my weekly email where I share recipes, tips and event news. If you prefer not to receive my emails you can unsubscribe at any time!
Venue: Proud East