- Marketing with Heart - marketing a wellbeing business
May 30, 2020
10:30 am - 4:30 pm
Join us for a special session aimed at supporting people running a meditation or wellbeing business. It’s particularly for other teachers who trained with British School of Meditation, but is open to any other wellbeing professionals who would like to attend.
The aim of the workshop is to demystify marketing for your business by working through practical exercises on telling your story, defining your ideal clients and how to reach them.
By the end of the session you’ll understand the key elements of a marketing plan and will create the first version of a plan to take away and start using in your business. I’ll also share examples of how I’ve put some of the areas we’ll be covering into practise in my own business.
What we’ll cover:
1. Start with your story
– We’ll explore what marketing means, but before leaping into the what of how to market your business, we’ll spend time exploring your personal meditation story. We’ll then cover how this helps you the why behind your meditation business (whatever size you’d like this to be!). We’ll also explore your vision, the problem/s you’re looking to solve for your clients – and how this helps you to start with a genuine customer focus.
2. Defining your ideal client
– Good marketing starts with a good understanding of who you want to reach; we’ll work through the features to consider when it comes to defining your perfect client and will build a summary profile of this client.
3. Reaching your ideal client
– Once you’ve defined your ideal client, we’ll consider how to reach them; starting with a short guide to market research, we’ll then move on to how define the marketing channels for your ideal client across owned, earned and paid options. We’ll look at different options under each channel type and you’ll then define the specific areas you’d like to focus on to reach your ideal customers.
4. Building a marketing plan you’ll actually use
– The final section of the workshop will focus on building a practical (but not too complex!) marketing plan for your business. You’ll receive a simple template to help manage day to day marketing activities including: chosen marketing tactics, themes for your writing/video/social media content and some simple marketing metrics to help you measure your success. Rather than taking a “kitchen sink” approach, this will help you prioritise where you’ll put your marketing time and energy.
There will be lots of time for questions and discussions across the day, but with a real focus on giving you time to develop a tailored and clear marketing approach for your business.
Prior to setting up Food At Heart I spent most of my career working in market research and marketing. I studied with the Chartered Institute of Marketing and then worked for a large consumer market research agency, in strategic marketing consultancy within the public sector, and developing and testing marketing messages and activities for a large marketplace website. I’ve also put what I’ll been sharing into practise within my own business.