October 1, 2017
10:00 am - 5:30 pm
Join me at Food At Heart HQ (i.e. my home kitchen) in Buckinghamshire for a day of reflection, reconnection – and chocolate! This is where I create my own chocolates and I can’t wait to share the space with you.
Chocolate is a beautiful ingredient with hundreds of flavour compounds (even more than wine); it’s the perfect food to taste and explore with all the senses. During the day we’ll use cacao in its many forms, including in and on your body. We’ll also get creative and experiment with some amazing and tasty chocolate flavour combinations.
The Cacao Retreat is a chance to slow down and engage your senses, with a little spattering of fun thrown in along the way.
What can you expect at the Cacao Retreat?
– Start with a welcome drink and gentle breathing meditation to get you into a tasting mood
– Taste beautiful Pump St bean-to-bar chocolate (some of the UK’s best bean-to-bar chocolate and made with real love); you’ll taste different percentages and origins, and play around with some interesting ways to match flavours and ingredients
– Morning making of mini-chocolate bars, incorporating some of your favourite flavours from your experiments
– We’ll create and eat a light lunch together of shitake mushroom & cacao nib risotto, which is accompanied by a cacao balsamic dressed carrot salad
– After lunch is a sensory walk in the local woods, with a few stopping points to reflect and connect with your senses
– Our afternoon making includes chocolate dipped cacao nib shortbread and a beautiful cacao sugar body scrub
– We’ll then have a mini chocolate afternoon tea and finish with a longer reflective meditation (outside if the weather permits)
There are chocolate mouthfuls to enjoy on the day, plus treats to take home.
On the making menu:
– Flavoured Mini-Bars (using dark chocolate)
– Dipped Cacao Nib Shortbread (contains dairy)
– Cacao Sugar Body Scrub
On the eating & drinking menu:
– Lunch: Shitake Mushroom & Cacao Nib Risotto with Cacao Balsamic Dressed Carrot Salad (plus some other lovely lunch side treats)
– Afternoon Tea: fruity choc clusters, truffles & cacao nib shortbread
– Cacao tea and a selection of other teas throughout the day
Ingredients are organic and seasonal where possible. The chocolate used in the session is dairy & soy free dark chocolate. Do let me know if you have any dietary requirements and I’ll try to accommodate these where possible.
Please bring comfortable walking shoes and a waterproof coat/umbrella in case of drizzle (you never know what the British weather will bring!).
Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred to another person if you can’t make it.
As I want to keep these events small and involved – and make sure you have plenty of time to taste chocolate and ask questions – a maximum of 4 spaces are available.
I’ll let you know the full address once your booking is confirmed. The closest train station is Beaconsfield (Chiltern Railways) or if you’re coming by car, you can take Junction 2 or 3 off the M40.
If you have any questions at all, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venue: Food At Heart HQ